Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Goals for my next year

It's Birthday Eve, party people! And as I've been reflecting on this past year (so much has happened!), I've realized how many events and people have contributed to my 23rd year. Some fun highlights have included living overseas, getting engaged, moving, getting married, starting my new job, and moving again. Really, it's been a busy year for this girl! As a sort of celebration at the start of a new year, I've decided to make some goals to meet before my next birthday. They're mostly fun or silly... projects I've been wanting to make, skills I want to learn, trips I want to take... but I'm hopeful that a good 'ol list will keep me motivated! So without further ado (and in no particular order), here are

24 goals before I turn 25
  1. Get a new sewing machine.  <-- done 6/29/11
  2. Learn to quilt.
  3. Finish decorating our bedroom (it got seriously neglected in our first apartment).
  4. Pay off the rest of my student loans. <--done, PTL! 7/11
  5. Finish saving for our new camera. <--purchased on Black Friday!
  6. Join a gym, or find a place to take classes.
  7. Visit Michigan. <-- done 07/14-17/11
  8. Plan out meals for the week in advance. <--Check out my menu planning post
  9. Can something. <--Made and canned Crock Pot apple butter in 11/11
  10. Knit a pair of socks.
  11. Spend less time on the computer.
  12. Plant a container garden at our new house. Unfortunately this wasn't possible here.
  13. Take more walks.
  14. Have Sam (my 10-year-old brother) out to visit.
  15. Go kayaking.
  16. Throw a party.
  17. Read at least one new book each month.
  18. Knit a sweater for myself.
  19. Make something for cheaper than I could buy it.
  20. Seriously clean my closet, and get rid of what I don’t wear.
  21. Meet a Turkish student on campus.
  22. DIY a piece of thrifted furniture.
  23. Go on more dates with Bry.
  24. This one's actually a surprise. Some of you were great guessers... our surprise was to get pregnant! And with Baby Girl born 3/20/12, this one was the biggest success of all :)

I can't wait to work my way through the list and share about my adventures (can you call knitting a pair of socks an adventure?)... But what about you? Any hopes you have for starting new habits, hobbies, or trips? Or maybe you have some ideas for my goals... your favorite sweater pattern, good books to read, inexpensive date night ideas... please share! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this :) You've inspired my to create a list for my 25th year. It's not til November, but it'll give me time to think! As for a book to read, I would highly recommend "A Sweet and Bitter Providence" by John Piper. It's an in-depth look into the book of Ruth. I also hear that Francine River's Mark of the Lion series is good, if you're looking for fiction. Love you, almost-birthday girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! And how in the world did I not know you had this blog?!? I've only been reading your ministry update one! So glad to have found this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a guess at your surprise goal!

    ReplyDelete