Friday, August 23, 2013

Is This Real Life?!

Alternative Post Titles Include:

  • I Can't Believe This Is My House
  • The Greatest Day Ever
  • Welcome Home, Silestone.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!


...as you can probably guess, our countertops are here! They were installed on Monday evening by a sweet father-son duo from Charlotte, NC (that's a long drive!). It took them a little over two hours, due to a difficulty with the bar that passes into the dining room, but it was so fun to watch them work. I seriously sat like a creeper and watched the whole process unfold. Each new slab of stone, each new bead of calk, got me more excited. When they left, I honestly thought I could cry. Is this real life?! Could I actually own a house with something so nice? I feel so grateful that we've been able to save up and improve our house into something we love. It is overwhelming to think of the nice things God provides for us when He has no reason or need to. And the kitchen, more than anywhere else in the house, is the nearest to my heart.

Okay, enough gushing. You probably want to see pictures! Here are the iphone photos I snapped after the installers left. We had to wait 24 hours for the silicone to set in the sink before we could work on plumbing, so that's another post for a different day.



This may look like one big piece, but if you see the picture above, you can tell
it's a separate bar. I love the visual effect that it continues on, though!





Obviously we still have a lot to do in here... tile, paint touchups, cabinet doors and hardware... but I think it's just remarkable how much the countertops change the space. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment