Friday, June 17, 2011

A Little Inspiration

Thank you to those of you who shared your thoughts on our curtain fabric choices. I think the votes were overwhelmingly in favor of the green print. Luckily, we felt the same over here! So this week, we took a trip down to JoAnn Crafts (to save the $17 of shipping it would have cost online) to order 13 yards of Waverly Essence in Circa Citrine. 


We were partial to the print itself, and the fact that we had used green in our first apartment made us feel comfortable that our furniture would look great with these new curtains.

Living Room at First Apartment
Living Room at First Apartment
However, the blue in the other fabric choice had me thinking... what about blue as an accent color? I love the look of navy and lime, and then we could have the best of both worlds. So, I took a trip over to one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love, to browse their moodboard selection for inspiration... and I came across this great space:



Call me inspired! I love the way the espresso colored table and ottoman worked with the greens, whites, and touches of blue. It was the perfect match for the stuff we already have on hand, mixed with some of the things we are really loving right now. So I sat down and made up my own moodboard using some of the furniture we already own, the new curtains, and some other goodies I hope to find a good deal on. This is what I came up with:


It was the best I could do without photoshop, and I think it's helped me visualize the bigger concept we're going for. So what do you think? 

YHL photo found here

1 comment: