Thursday, June 16, 2011

Symphony Brownies

I did it again. Another pants-popping dessert. I'm out of control over here, people.

Most days, I find myself perusing the pantry just to see what's hiding in there. Yesterday, while pilfering the baking bin, I found 3 Symphony bars. You know, those huge chocolate bars with toffee and almonds inside.

What in the world did we have those for? So I asked the pantry-stocker of the house, Bryan's grandma. She informed me that she makes brownies with them. Umm, brownies with delicious candy inside? Sign me up! So, in the spirit of baking something delicious inside something even more delicious, I put those slabs of chocolatey goodness to use and cooked me up some heavenly brownies.



Symphony Brownies
Makes 24 brownies


1 box brownie mix with walnuts (I prefer DH)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brownies according to package directions. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Place Symphony bars on top and cover with remaining batter. Bake according to package directions, or until cooked through the center.



Photos found  here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment