Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oreo-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Something that's always been a source of comfort for me is baking. When I was living in the Middle East for a year, taking some time to whip up something familiar brought me peace in times of homesickness. Now that Bryan and I are married, I take that same comfort in being able to toss in a quick batch of cookies. And throw in living with the in-laws on top of that... you better believe this girl is a baking machine! What can I contribute to a house full of adults if not some warm, chocolatey goodness at the end of a long day at the office?

Anyway... cookies are one baked good in particular that I enjoy trying new recipes for. So when I saw this photo on Pinterest a while back (after I wiped the drool off my chin), I decided these puppies were going to make an appearance in our kitchen asap.
Photo Credit: http://veryculinary.com


















Due to the sheer size of these Oreo-stuffed monsters, I made only half a batch to start. I'd say it was a good decision too, considering one cookie has the equivalent of 2 servings of dough plus a double stuffed Oreo inside. If there were more than 12 of these lurking around the house at a time, I'd probably outgrow my waistband just by calorie osmosis.




















Seriously, that is one pregnant cookie.

But moving on... this is what you really want. The Recipe. And trust me, you're going to want to have a glass of milk handy. Enjoy!




















Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

In medium bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.

With a cookie scoop, form balls with the dough.

Smoosh each ball a bit, and place one ball on top of an Oreo cookie, and another ball on the bottom. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is fully enclosed with dough.

Place onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets and bake cookies for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Recipe from: http://veryculinary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment